Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Co-Worker's Kiddos

Operation get caught up on blogging beings NOW!  Sometime ago, in mid December, a co-worker asked if I'd be interested in taking pictures of her kiddos for their Christmas card.  Of course I'm interested!  She knows I'm working on breaking into the industry on the side.  So one Sunday late afternoon (after the sun went down) I met them at their house and started snapping away.

Being that little E is adopted, I'm keeping things anonymous for googling purposes.


This shoot posed a couple problem:  lighting and activity level of the kids.  Being that I took the pictures inside, the lighting wasn't the greatest because it isn't natural lighting.  And quite honestly, I don't know how to properly expose the camera for low lighting.  I really need to learn!  And the kids, as adorable as they are, are active.  At 2 1/2 and 2 (E is adopted and J is biological), it's hard to get them to sit still long enough for me to take a slow shuttle picture.  And it was difficult to get them to both look at me at the same time. 

But, despite the challenges, I'm happy with how they came out.  So are Mom and Dad to E&J.  And they paid me!  Score!

So without any further ado...  Little E & Little J...

How do you get kids to sit still?  Give them things to play with!

Mommy tickle monster helped with this picture.  Can you tell that J is scrunching his body up in "don't tickle me" defense?

Uh oh!  Watch out E, she's coming after you next!

Such fascination with the light up ginger bread house.

She is such a doll! 

E had a quick outfit change.  Only because her mom got her 2 Christmas dresses. 

Time for candy canes!

Can-ee.  That's how they said 'candy'. 


Candy = bone, E = doggy.  She woofed and all!


Aren't they adorable!?!


To see the full album click here.

No comments: